Greek Yogurt pasta all the well known benefits of the yogurt in a great tasting meal. We made Greek Yogurt Pasta for a BBQ party that we were invited to the other day and we made this salad, everybody loved it because of it’s fresh taste, the combination of flavors and it’s color!
You also get all the well known benefits of Greek yogurt. Among these benefits are: probiotic cultures, two times as much protein, and it even has lower lactose than other regular yogurts out there. So I won’t waste any more time and get straight to the recipe so you can enjoy all these benefits yourself.
You can use any type of pasta you like (white or whole wheat), we used elbow macaroni.
- 500gr (1.1 lb) elbow macaroni
- 1 red pepper diced (we used Florina pepper but you can use any red pepper you like)
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 orange pepper diced
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- 5 large pickles chopped
- 1 garlic glove, crushed.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp mustard
- Cook macaroni according to directions and drain.Cook macaroni according to directions and drain.
- Lower the heat and in the same pot add the olive oil and garlic, saute for a minute and add the drained macaroni.
- Turn of the heat and season with ground pepper.
- In a large bowl add the macaroni mixture, the diced peppers, the pickles and let it cool for at least 30 minutes or as long as it takes fro everything to cool.
- When cool add the mustard and Greek yogurt.
- Mix well with a spoon and serve.
- Don’t you agree that this simple Greek yogurt pasta meal is simple to make? What will you combine this amazing meal with? Please feel free to share your ideas.