Chickpeas, lentils, peas and beans are all legumes. Chickpeas can be a good choice if you want to increase the protein in your diet but want to avoid meat.
This easy to make recipe is good for you
- Easy to make
- Contains vegetables and herbs
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Almonds that are packed with health benefits for you
- 200g green chickpeas soaked over night, boiled and drained
- 2 red peppers grilled/baked
- 1 medium avocado cubed
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- 1 coriander tsp fresh chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp coarsely crushed almonds
For the dressing
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl mix in the boiled chickpeas, avocado, scallions coriander and the parsley.
- Toast the crushed almonds in a dry skillet and low heat until they slightly change color. Set aside to cool.
- Cut 6 red pepper slices and chop the remaining and add to the chickpeas.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing together, pour over the chickpeas, season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Garnish with the red pepper slices and toasted almonds and serve.