You can do many things right now to change your health and to stop your risk of developing this condition. The following are five steps to take right now to see changes or to prevent on the onset.
1. Switch to a low carb diet. Your body will have a much easier time managing your blood sugar levels if you follow a low carb diet. A great suggestion of a low carb diet is Dr. Bernstein’s Diet.
2. Give your health a boost by taking natural supplements. You can eat a diet that includes lots of vegetables, but you probably still aren’t getting all the vitamins and minerals that your body needs. To ensure that your body gets all the essential vitamins that it needs, add cinnamon to your meals whenever you can and take supplements such as a multivitamin and chromium.
3. Exercise on a regular basis. Exercise is a great tool for controlling diabetes. Not only does it help to stimulate the metabolism in a healthy way, but it also works well to control weight.
4. Manage your weight. Studies have shown that many overweight people begin to develop diabetes symptoms. You can manage your weight by exercising and following a low carb diet. This in turn will help you prevent type 2 diabetes.
5. Make a decision to begin making healthy changes. Speak to your physician and ensure that your blood sugar levels are being tested. If your results indicate that you are pre diabetic or have type 2 diabetes, begin following the steps outlined above so that you can reverse your diabetes. Also consider taking natural herbs such as bitter melon and fenugreek. Many diabetics use these herbs to reduce their blood sugar levels.
Most people can learn how to prevent type 2 diabetes by just focusing on their diets. In addition to the one listed above, you can also look into the Dr. Neal Barnard Diet and the Low Glycemic Index Diet for additional help.